Is it A Lot or Alot?
A Lot or Alot
Is it a lot or alot? There’s a very easy way to remember the difference between A Lot and Alot. For starters, ALOT is NOT a word.
A LOT: This is the right way.
- A lot of you write this and don’t even know it.
- I get confused a lot.
- Wow, there sure are a lot of things to remember every time I wake up in the morning.
ALOT: Huh? There is no such word.
There is a word ALLOT, which means to divide or distribute. But that’s not what you were trying to say, is it, Slappy?
- We will have to allot for the stupid people in the world when considering a Martian invasion plan.
- Wow, that sure is a big allotment of safety helmets. Are we giving them to all the stupid people?
- We will allot that large barren piece of land among all the stupid people.
Just remember that when you are saying a lot, you are actually referring to “a whole lot” of stuff.
See? Hopefully this clears things up, doofus.